Jan 14, 2013

One Thousand Gifts...

A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are.   by Ann Voskamp

These are quotes from the book that have really spoken to me.  And I'm only through chapter 2.

Chapter 1
Satan's sin becomes the first sin of all humanity: the sin of ingratitude. 

Our fall was, and always has been, and always will be, that we aren't satisfied in God and what He gives.

Choose to say yes to what He freely gives.  (Could I live that--the choice to open the hands to what God gives?)  If I don't, I am still making a choice...
               The choice not to.

I wonder too...if the rent in the canvas of our life backdrop, the losses that puncture our world, our own emptiness, might actually become places to see.
                    To see through to GOD!


As I read this book, thinking about, rereading, underlining, writing in my journal, I am overwhelmed.  Overwhelmed by the way God works in my life to bring me closer to Himself.  I pray that I will see Him more clearly through the holes in the canvas of my life, the holes caused by sin...



One Thousand Gifts


Ann Voskamp's website




No comments: