May 1, 2013

Migraine Update

Last Thursday I saw a dentist who specializes in treating patients like me.  Patients who have Migraine that are caused by things going on in the jaws and mouth.

I am a good candidate for his treatment because there is significant evidence that I grind my teeth and clench during sleep.  I also have a lot of jaw popping and sometimes difficulty in opening my mouth. 

It makes sense that my jaw not working properly would lead to muscle problems that in turn become pain.

I will start a 12 week course of therapy the last week of May that will include a device for my mouth, physical therapy among other things.

This is not a treatment that is isolated to the Charlotte area.  I searched for 'teeth grinding and migraine' and got a lot of hits.  You can also search for 'dentists migraine' and get a lot of results.

The treatment is expensive and the dentist treating me does not accept any insurance.  So we have to come up with the money on the front end.  But the office does the insurance filing for me and I'll get reimbursed directly.

Here is the link to the dentist I am seeing.http://charlotteheadachecenter.com/

I still have a way to go, but David and I believe that this could be a big answer o my chronic migraines. 

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: