Apr 8, 2012

HE Is ALIVE!

He is risen indeed!


My GOD, I Love Thee

by St Francis Xavier
Translation of Edward Caswell

My God, I love thee! not because
I hope for heaven thereby;
Nor yet because who love thee not
Must burn eternally.


Thou, O my Jesus, thou didst me
Upon the cross embrace!
For me didst bear the nails and spear,
And manifold disgrace,

And griefs and torments numberless,
And sweat of agony,
Yea, death itself,- and all for one
Who was thine enemy.


Then why, O blessed Jesus Christ,
Should I not love thee well!
Not for the hope of winning heaven,
Nor of escaping hell!

Not with the hope of gaining aught,
Not seeking a reward;
But as thyself hast loved me,
O ever loving Lord!


E'en so I love thee, and will love,
And in thy praise will sing,-
Solely because thou art my God
And my eternal King.

No comments: