Jan 24, 2012

Joy in My Sorrows


Valley's come for every one of us.
It might be in the form of divorce or death.  In financial woes or even prosperity.


In 2 Corinthians 12 the apostle Paul tells us that he  asked the Lord 3 times to remove a "thorn in the flesh".  I don't know what this thorn was but I believe that it wasn't something little.  This was something that was really affecting him, this was a "valley".

Paul tells us, "Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me.
8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.
9 But he said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

 We will all have thorns. 

Do you have Christ's sufficient grace to go through the trial?

His grace will support you and give you peace.

It is only because of His grace that I have full faith that Axel is in heaven.  Yes I still have sorrow, I still mourn for him.  I have great sorrow for his parents.  They are so young and have gone through so much in just a few short years.

I do and will continue to pray for them.  I pray that if they are not Christ Followers they will turn to him, the one who holds the word in his hands, the one who created Axel and took him home, the one who can grant them a peace which surpasses all understanding.


No comments: