Dec 19, 2009

MIGRAINE RELIEF!!!

After months of non-stop migraine I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I have known for a while the MSG was a big trigger as were almost all chemical odors. I had been avoiding MSG as it was listed in foods, but was still having lots of headaches. Then I picked up a book at the library's used book sale about food sensitivity in kids who have ADD. Lo and behold, there are a lot of the same sensitivities. So using the info in the book, I fine-tuned my diet and within 3 days, of very strictly avoiding the many names that MSG can hide behind I was 95% headache free and have stayed that way now for 3 weeks!



I see a new neurologist on 12/31 and I hope that I will be able to start weaning off of some of my preventive meds.


For anyone reading this, please take the time to do a really thorough migraine diary. I know it is hard to do, but it is so worth it to find the triggers and to eliminate them if at all possible.

Great Migraine Community
Migraine Tools

No comments: