Jun 22, 2012

Memories... Old & New

Father's Day Weekend 2012 was a time to relive old memories and to make new ones as a family. 

David and I spent much of our early years chasing trains.   Photographing trains.  Riding Trains.  Not just any train mind you, steam trains!

Saturday we drove up to Salisbury, NC to see Southern Railways 630 and to photograph it.  This was the first steam engine to run since 1994.  The kids were born in 1996 and 1998 so they had never seen a steam engine in operation.  (Other than Tweetsie and Strasburg)

I was surprised to find my heart beating faster when I first heard the approaching train,  the memories it brought back are so precious and now my children are gathering memories. 

Here are some of my favorite shots from the day.

By Daniel
This was shot from inside the car the kids rode in prior to pulling out of the station.





By Sarah




By me



Fellow train chaser taking her shots

Sarah in the window, Daniel is peeking out behind her

I don't stick to only trains!



The thorns on this were incredible.





No comments: