May 9, 2012


One of the things I love about homeschooling is the opportunity we have to really study God's Word. This year S is using a series of books put out by Apologia.


S is finishing up the 2nd of the 4 books that are in the series. She already did Who Is God? and really learned a lot. Now she is in Who Am I?.

Quite often she will ask me to read part of the lesson to her as she retains more when she hears things. Today was one of those days.

I have always been impressed with the material in this series, but today really blew me away. The chapter, the last in the book, is titled Who Do You Think You Are?. It deals with who we are in God's eyes versus how we view ourselves. I want to share with you what impacted me so strongly today.

I am HIS daughter: He said so. Oh, the infinite gentleness of my God!  Margaret of Cortona, 1247-1297

Not only do we know God through Jesus Christ, but we only know ourselves through Jesus Christ.  Blaise Pascal, 1623-1662

To be justified means God has REMOVED (emphasis mine) our sins completely. He does not just cover up our guilt or overlook it. God does not say, “Well, you're still guilty, but I'll let you off the hook.” He says, “You're not guilty!”

Romans 5:1 Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

All my christian life I have looked at my salvation as God letting me 'off the hook'. But that's not it at all! Because of Christs perfect sacrifice on the cross I have been declared NOT GUILTY!

Justification. Just as if I'd NEVER sinned.

Now I get it. Today, while helping my child, God used her Bible assignment to open my eyes and make things more clear.

In 1 Corinthians 13:12,(KJV) Paul says, “For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.”

Today another part of God's mercy was made clear!













No comments: