Pork Chops with Savannah Style rice and gravy
This recipe came from David's family. I learned to make it after we were married then forgot about it and in the past year have started making it again.
Pork Chops * I use bone-in chops and debone myself*
Canned tomatoes or stewed tomatoes *I use plain tomatoes and season myself* DO NOT DRAIN
Seasoned Flour to bread chops
Salt, pepper, oregano, basil, pinch of brown sugar
1. Debone and dredge the chops in the seasoned flour.
2. Preheat a skillet with about 3 TBSP of oil
3. Fry the chops until golden on 1 side, turn and continue cooking until golden
4. While chops are cooking:
Prepare the onions and celery,
open the tomatoes and break them up into small pieces,
start rice cooking.
5. When all chops are cooked, remove from pan and keep warm
6. add the onion and celery to the pan and cook until onions are translucent
7. Add tomatoes and spices, bring to a boil
8. Add seasoning to tomato mixture and taste, adjust seasoning to your preference
9. Add chops to sauce mixture and simmer for about 15 minutes
10. Serve over the cooked rice