Jul 27, 2011

Update on saving money, new celluar service


So we switched to common cents cellular which is now virgin mobile paylo. David & I got identical Kyocera phones. He likes his, I hated mine. He does a lot of texting with work and it IS a good phone to text with. It does take good photos as well. BUT you have to purchase a MINIMUM of $20 every 90 days or loose them. If you make the purchase they do roll over but I cannot use that much in the allotted time.

$20 = 285 minutes =4.76 hours

I just do not use a cell phone that much. So it was NOT a good deal for me.

So I used up the time left by sending a bunch of photos, then we just let the phone expire. The good thing is we have an extra phone in the event that David's phone dies.

So I took back the tracfone that was lost and replaced. (Did I tell you that story?). The replacement tracfone is now the kids dedicated phone for when they do riding or whatever.

The moral of the story? Investigate thoroughly. Don't be swayed by the 'flashy' new gadget. Newer is not always better; in fact you may like newer worse than you like older. (How's that for a wonky sentence?)



No comments: