Jun 8, 2009

Health Update

Went to see my Doctor today. Good news. No wheezing in my lungs, so no new meds for my asthma, just use my rescue inhaler as needed and call her if I think I'm using it too often. I've lost 12 pounds!! in the past few weeks, that's really exciting for me. Especially since everything else seems to have been going the other direction! She did increase my medicine for my diabetes, BUT it's the same medication and it's one that does NOT cause weight gain, instead it helps with weight loss. That's a good thing.

So, I'm praying for good air quality days so I can be out working in the yard and going for walks with the kids and Oscar. For continued weight loss and improved blood sugars and improved health.

The one thing that continues to be tricky is the migraine disease. We still have to find the perfect combo of preventive and rescue meds. But I hope we are on the right track there as well.

We're on a 2 month school break, so hopefully when we start back on August, I will be feeling better, more organized, and able to be the wife and mom God has called me to be. And if I'm not where I think I should be, I need to remember that God is in control, and His ways are higher than mine.

Blessed be the name of the Lord

No comments: