May 4, 2009

Happy Anniversary

Today marks the 25th anniversary of my first date with my sweet hubby!
In November we will celebrate 20 years of marriage.
That's right we dated for 5 1/2 years.
We both wish we knew then what we know now.
There are a lot of things we should have done differently in the first 15 or so years of our relationship.
But GOD has been patient with me and has grown and changed me.
There are 2 books that GOD in HIS wisdom placed in my life that really had an impact on me.
The first is, "The Excellent Wife" by Martha Peace.
The second is "Sacred Marriage" by Gary Thomas
I chose to read the first book when I was asked to lead a monthly ladies Bible Study at church. Teaching something always has a huge effect on the teacher.
The second book was used as a small group study we were in at another church. It was harder for me. The reading was harder, maybe it was my heart that was not ready to listen. But in the end it is another book I would highly recommend to young couples.
But regardless of the reason those books came into my life, GOD used them to help change my attitude, my thinking, and my life.
So now that I am the "perfect" (NOT), wife... I can tell y'all how to be the perfect Proverbs 31 woman.
NOT A CHANCE!!

No comments: